Friday 8 May 2009

Still home, and feeling fine.

Hi All,

Been home now since Tuesday, and all is going well.

Have managed not to catch anything (that I know of) so far, despite still having a pretty low neutrophil count (it was 0.7 at yesterday's clinic appointment).

Eating well, sleeping well. All told, nothing much to tell. The recovery begins and so I guess this blog has served its main purpose - keeping folk informed of my wellbeing during the stem cell transplant. I think it's not too presumptive and fate-tempting to say, I'm out of the woods now.

Time will tell how successful the whole procedure's been. I'm optomistic.

I may stick up the odd post and blood count figure (for those strangely interested in such things) but will post less frequently now. If anybody wants to email me direct to see how things are going, feel free. Email address is (I'll describe rather than write it, to stop spam harvesters getting it):

my name at energyrenewed.co.uk

Where "my name" is just "joe"

Thanks for reading and commenting and all the emails I got sent outwith the blog. It really helped take my mind of the whole process, kept me busy and feeling loved. Look forward to catching up with many of you - starting with Mike & Andrea this weekend.

Later..
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment