Wednesday 29 April 2009

All quiet on the white cell front.

Well, got my bloods. Nothing much changed since yesterday. White Cell count still 0.1 and neutrophils still 0.0. Platelets have gone up a bit to 19, which for me is a big bit. But still profoundly neutropenic and eager to see those neutrophils counts start to shift.

Lovely sunny day here. Just got my copy of Rory's Deep Grove Valley CD. Nice tunes mista. Liking it a lot and onto second listen. (Deep Grove Valley EP).

Swollen side of face is still swollen. Looks like possibly an infected parotid gland, though they're just watching for now as it's getting no worse and isn't sore.

Oh - came over all sleepy now. Nap time me thinks.

Later.

3 comments:

  1. Tam & faither
    In Machrie where a good head of hair is a matter of survival, we sympathise with your losses but would suggest that a good wig can be found to fit every orifice. While it is not a service we would provide I'm sure that within the confines of deepest, darkest Glasgow or more likely in the rural areas of the North East where, it is rumoured there is an unhealthy interest in sheep, you will find those who can help.

    As a virginal and relatively ancient Blogger it is exciting to find a whole new extension to our vocabulary extending our language resources beyond the now rather tired Anglo Saxon. "Ya wee Blogger", "Blog off", "Yer off yer Blogger", "Get Blogged" have a certain ring.

    Cheers and love from all at Machrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi joe
    Regarding your hair difficulty
    Do you want a shot of my wig
    I know it is White but some hair regardless of colour is better than none
    Please note it is only for use on your head
    Regards
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wig offer. I'll decline though. Knowing I'd loose what littel fuzz I was clinging to, I bought new glassses as I'd look trendy and bald, like Heston Bloomenthal. I do look like that now, only a bit 'harder and meaner'. Suits me.

    ReplyDelete