Tuesday 28 April 2009

Day +11 : Victory is mine

Platelets, still low - 9
Neutrophils - 0.0
BUT...
Total White Cell Count - 0.1

So as far as I'm concerned, somthings making new stuff somewhere and that's a result. Expect things to snowball from this point onward. Doc's official definition of a graft is when neutrophils get to 0.5 - I reckon Thursday.

Temp. seems under control again and feeling, once again, tickity boo.

Tried to make video of myself dancing with drip stand - just to pass the time, and cause I could. Got caught each time by bemused nurses. Gave in.

Sisters visited this afternoon. Hillarious. They made me cough and then I had to sleep for 3 hours. Thanks dear Blisters for making the journey, it was lovely seeing you.

Tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Joe,

    I just heard today that we're assembling a team of desperados to travel from San Francisco to Glasgow on a secret mission this weekend, and I'm about to get drafted. Would you be up for a visit next Saturday, the 9th of May? I'll put a word in with your doctor to make sure they don't let you out before then, so I won't miss you ;-)

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. make sure you wash your hands Mike and don't step on the cracks on the pavement or you'll get obsessive compulsive disorder.
    a neutrophil!!!!!!fingers crossed-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    kenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have just become a betting man, Joe.

    Fingers crossed here, too.

    Babs

    ReplyDelete