Thursday 30 April 2009

Day +13 and I have one...

... a neutrophil, that is. well, a neutrophil count to be exact - 0.1
Total White cell count 0.2 and platelets a whopping 25. Almost normal platelets for me as I have ITP - another blood condition where my immune system eats platelets for fun. My platelets tend to hover around the 50 mark, though jump about between mid 30's and 60's.

Expect to see counts rise quickly now with the door opening and me arguing for a home pass once neutrophils get to 0.5

I think Saturday should see the 0.5 target exceeded, but fingers crossed it could even be tomorrow.

I shall sleep lots. a) because I'm lazy, and b) apparently you make more neutrophils when you sleep.

Go little stem cells, go little stem cells, go go go.

7 comments:

  1. ...ye cannae come hame. I havny cleaned the hoose yet.

    Corri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you dream happy reverse pacman :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any other baking while i've the oven on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison,

    Do me a baked Alaska while you're at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ice cream will be melted by the time I get it Corries never mind the hospital!
    Maybe when you get home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huff....you're not even trying Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'mon the wee cells.
    Keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you Joe - (whilst of course panicking about when swine flu will hit Inverness).
    Alan

    ReplyDelete