Friday 1 May 2009

Day +14 : Some counts

Been a great healthy feeling day. I'd say I feel about 95% overall today.

Doctor came in to check me over whilst I was working away on the excercise bike.
Clean bill of health was delivered, my counts for today:

Platelets 28
White Cell Count: 0.5
Neutrophils: 0.2

The neutrophils have doubled since yesterday, and it was hinted at that should they do so tomorrow (i.e. 0.4) then I might get out !!!! Whoohooo). I apparently need to get hooked up to some sort of nebuliser to accustom my lungs to the unhealthy world out there again. Getting that arranged may be a pain, but from tomorrow am, I'm going to push like crazy to get all this sorted and perhaps home by Sunday. I'll keep you posted, obviously.

But aye, feeling good folks. I think I've sneaked my way through this whole SCT milarky in a real jammie way. No major down moments, nae mouth ulcers, reasonable appetite, just occassional puking, right runny arse of course and ran a temperature for a few days, but neither of those left me too flat.

Fingers crossed I sneak though the next day or two unscathed. I'll be sleeping in my hand made bed before I know it, sipping horlicks.

2 comments:

  1. so happy to see 0.5 may have to get drunk to celebrate have a great nights sleep to prepare for going home luv you wee blisterxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds good Joe! It'll be good to get home. All four of us are flying to Scotland tomorrow (At very short notice) so we'll try and figure out a way to come and see you, although your immune system might not be ready to deal with two snot-nose kids from swine fever country.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete