Saturday 2 May 2009

ESCAPE !

I'm getting oot, ya dancer.

Big bag of drugs, sharps bin for the needles used to clear my line and an assortment of leftover food all packed. Just waiting on Corri with a holdall to pack clothes and I'm outta here. Whoohoo.

Will blog my progress some more once home and until blood counts get to sensible levels. This morning's neutrophils didn't move from yesterday - oops - glad Consultant made his decision before he saw that - hey, I'm fine.
Total White Cell count did go up to 0.8. I've to come back in Monday for blood checks.

So, just waiting on Corri and then hame.

Would really like to thank, from the bottom of my heart, all the fantastic staff here at ARI. They're great professionals and darn fine human beings to boot. I could not have been in better hands and I'm profoundly indebted to them all, from Jean who cleaned the room to Dr Culligan who called most of my shots. Political Point: Whatever nurses are paid, aint enough! Probably. I should perhaps look up what they are paid. Maybee it is enough. Ok, I'll pass on that one for now.

Thanks also to all you for being arsed enough to read my blog and post comments. I'm deeply grateful. Makes me feel wanted, even if it's all just self-indulgant pish like what Kenny-C says.

Later...

8 comments:

  1. Great news Joe, glad to hear your getting home, will be round past for some of that shortbread Alison has made for you(No I mean we'll be round to see how you're getting on.)Saw Corrie driving past with a great big smile on her face, wonder what she was thinking!! Lots of love Karen & Brian xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baked Alaska for 2 tomorrow? Great to hear you're getting home.
    Yours friendly neighbours - the skinners

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news: we're not going to have to read this Blog much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news Joe - am SO pleased for you both!! Will give you a phone some time soon when you have had a chance to settle in and have some time with Corri,
    Love from Allie, David and the wee Chongs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news Joe - am SO pleased for you both. Will give you a call once you have had time to settle in and have time with Corri (and dogs). Take it easy now - no fixing up the extension as soon as you get back.
    Love from Allie,David and the wee Chongs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news Joe, will.be across to see you when I get back on dry land.
    Take it easy
    Ronnie, Fiona and the Boys

    P.S Got a nice wee dram for you to try a when you feel up to it ......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news Joe.

    Youve done soo well ,hoping youve now had nice night in your own bed,priceless :)

    Thanks for doing your blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. well duncanstone may not be the same again.....sooooo peaceful for the last fortnight!!!

    We are both over the moon for you Joe.

    Also very sorry for Corri who will have to put up with you fulltime again.

    I will phone you over the next few days.

    regards

    Mark.

    ReplyDelete