Monday 4 May 2009

Open Day..

Boy am I glad I got to come back in. Otherwise, I would have missed out on the new posters that've just gone up around the hospital, advertising their "Tracheostomy Open Day."
Perhaps its just my warped sense of humour, but I found that hysterical. Caught myself standing and pointing at one of the posters, chuckling to myself and trying hard to catch the attention of passers by, to alert them to this great comic gem.

It was a bit like the time when Corri and I were living in America and we photographed a sign post which had two signs, one said "Cemetery Lane" and below it, a sign saying "Dead End". When we showed these to our American mates, none of them thought it funny. Some were offended that we found it funny. Americans. On the same trip I also photographed the funniest signpost I've ever seen. It was on the banks of a large millpond, in the town of Sandwich in Cape Cod. It said - and I recall verbatim:

"Warning. Abandonment of ducks is a criminal offence. Anyone caught abandoning their ducks, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

It then listed the code number of the local by-law - the Duck Abandonment by-law. Americans.

But anyway, I'm using the receptiveness of my sense of humour as a guide to general wellbeing. "Traceostomy Open Day" = Funny = Probably feeling fine.
You need a reasonable amount of non-sickness to find things like that funny.
So I'm feeling fine, is the conclusion.

Should get back out tomorrow, provided temperature stays down, which it is doing admirably at present.

Have discovered a deeply unsettling thing. Loosing all your bum hair has down (no pun intended) sides. 1. Cheeks seem to sweat a good deal more, then slip-slide past each other in a slightly disconcertingly pleasant way. 2. Farts are slightly less containable. 3. Regrowing sphincter hair is excrutiatingly tingly, and not all together bearable.

- on the plus side, nae danglers.

I await, with some dread, the reforrestation of my testicles.

1 comment:

  1. hi big bro just a wee night night to you and will speak to you tomorrow luv wee blisterxxx

    ReplyDelete